Press Release: Congresswoman Katherine Clark has added her support to the list of individuals and organizations encouraging residents to vote YES on Question 1, The Patient Safety Act.
“When patients go to the hospital, they rely on the expertise and attention of the dedicated nurses responsible for their care,” said Congresswoman Clark. “The Massachusetts Nurses Association has been working for years to make certain that staffing levels ensure the high level of care and patient safety that our loved ones deserve, and I will join them in voting yes on Question 1.”
Congresswoman Clark has been a longstanding supporter of nurses, dating back to 2009, when then-Representative Clark co-sponsored the Patient Safety Act along with a long list of colleagues in the State House. Over the years, Congresswoman Clark has stood with nurses in their advocacy efforts, and has been a leader in addressing the opioid crisis.
Congresswoman Clark is the most recent member of the Massachusetts delegation to endorse Yes on Question 1, including:
- U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren
- Congressman Jim McGovern (2nd District)
- Congressman Joe Kennedy (4th District)
- Congressman Michael Capuano (7th District)
- Congressman Stephen Lynch (8th District)
- Democratic candidate for Congress Ayanna Pressley (7th District)
- Democratic candidate for Congress Lori Trahan (3rd District)